Life catches up with you. Like a night out stumbling from one bar to another, social media can have no purpose and damage your life if you don’t pay attention. Facebook updates for giggles and laughs is not a long term strategy unless you are a comedian. Chasing likes and shares, while measurable, will not get you anywhere meaningful. It will distract you from making something useful and interesting.
I have gone through peaks and troughs with social media – After becoming disgusted with my online self, I purged all my accounts …and now slowly I am trying again with more purpose. Now I have reached some sort of balance with the following social/web presence to manage:
- a personal Facebook profile
- a personal Instagram profile
- a Chimpwithcans Instagram profile (public – see link)
- a Chimpwithcans Facebook page (public feed of this blog and Instagram – see link)
- a Chimpwithcans Twitter profile (public feed of this blog – see link)
- this blog (public)
Less distraction, more creativity, more intentionality (big word no?).