Fred Wilson blogs on the power of streaks (link)
This is something I have not been able to generate in my life lately. Life with two tiny children is challenging, fun, tiring, amazing and, above all, interrupted! There is not a minute goes by where the parent is not needed for something – especially true when both parents are working from home as we are. Starting a streak in ANYTHING is tough.
Things in which I could start a streak, even with two little demanding limpets attached to my leg all day:
- this blog – post every day until it’s a shame to not keep it up (keeping limpets off the keyboard)
- listen to a new album every day (at night, when limpets sometimes fall asleep)
- get a new customer in business every month (limpet-permitting)
- going to the gym (dropping limpets at the limpetcare centre)
- greeting my wife kindly each day (limpets actually help with this one)
- eating right (not too hard – helps if limpets sleep, and then I sleep, and then sugar cravings subside)
Streaks are the result of habits, and habits change your world…..limpets-permitting.