One of my goals is to be more creative – specifically I want to create a podcast. So far I have gotten all the equipment, I have created a proof of concept and then a first pilot episode with my friends. These can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/chimpwithcans (you’ll also see some early soundcloud recordings I uploaded as a favour to my mum 🙂 )
All of this was done with the creative process in mind rather than the end goal (ie. wanting to just create SOMETHING, rather than knowing what sort of thing do I want to create). It has been fun. There is a long way to go, though.
Now I am trying to line up some guests for the more formal Chimpwithcans podcast. It is not an easy process and it is making me think more about what the goal of the podcast is. I thought to write down here what exactly I want to achieve from the podcast.
- I want it to be a long form conversation rather than a formal interview
- I want it to be a weekly show if possible
- I want to discuss in depth some ideas and stories that guests can bring with them
- Topics of interest are as follows:
- Stories and narratives that affect our lives
It’s broad and will be whittled down. I’m really looking forward to being more creative. I’ll keep updates here as they happen.